“If you do these seven things, you’re going to lose your photo and video clients, I guarantee it.”
Photographer Jay P. Morgan from The Slanted Lens made this short video to discuss 7 ways to lose clients. Obviously Morgan doesn’t want anyone to lose their clients, but he does want photographers to understand just how easy it is to lose a client and to try to avoid doing it.
Here are Morgan’s 7 ways that you can lose clients:
- Don’t have any idea what your client wants.
- There is no reason to worry about your client and how they’re feeling.
- When things aren’t going well technically, you have to focus and concentrate on that.
- Just give them what they want and get done.
- There is no reason to post the images on social media or share them with your following.
- There is no reason to deliver the images until the client has called 2 or 3 times.
- The job is done and you have your money. Don’t worry about following up with the client.